Home | All Depots | Rail Line List | County List | Latest Additions
|This 1910 photo of the Ava Depot was contributed by Bill Bunch. Thanks Bill.|
|Thanks go to the Watersheds.org website for allowing us to display this 1900s photo of the Kansas City Ozark & Southern Ava Depot. Thanks also go to Gordon Garrett for locating the photo.|
|The end of the line: Ava, about 1910. The worm-gear "timber tram" was acquired from the Grandin Mill. The banner on the new train station promotes business and resident lots in a new addition. The three-car train, one passenger and two freight, carried the photographer from Kansas City into the wilderness of the Ozarks.|
Photo of Ava train and caption from Ozarks Watch magazine, Winter 1998,
published by the Center for Ozarks Studies.
The photographer was Charles Phelps Cushing, a Kansas City newspaper reporter of the time
Last Updated August 17, 2006 - - - Property of Jack Forbes ©